Fuge Light?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Track-Brushed-Steel-Gooseneck-Headboard/dp/B0000DI4V9"]This[/ame] looks a lot better and is up to 60 watts.

I think you'll be better with a clamp reflector and a CFL or a CFL flood light (most of then come with the reflector), i don't think that little lamp will last long in a SW environment.

Does it come with the clamp?

"This package came without the important piece which connects the lamp to the clamp device. Conveniently for me, my sister had recently upgraded a reptile tank to one which didn't require her former clamp and I was able to use that to make it work--otherwise I would have had to either return the product or search for compatible pieces in hardware stores. The product otherwise is satisfactory."

Whats a god wattage? 40 to 90 watts? [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Do-it-Brooder-Heat-Lamp/dp/B000HJD8LW/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1309546328&sr=1-1"]This[/ame] one says up to 250 watts and it's only $12 and has 2 out of 2 5 star reviews.

I have seen some people make reflectors out of a soda can, cant remember who though... let me think about it.

i got a 2 lamp water proof out door fixture and 2 cfl lamps eqivilent to 120 wats each at home depot for less then 15 dollars. I am haveing great growth from the macro. So wuch i am triming it down once a week so it doesnt get out of control.

I got the clamp on at home depot.. 5.99 then the 23 watt cfl 5100k bulb at home depot 8.99 works great for the macro in the tank.

yeah home depot had about 15 different fixture and it pluged in to every one of them. I bought the cheapest weater resistant one they had. I did have to run my own power cord but that was not hard. I will take a few pics of what it looks like when i get home i am at work right now.

I got a 200 watt incandescent light at lowes yesterday. I put it over the plastic part that goes through the middle of the sump. It started to melt...

So I was talking to my grandfather about it and he said was just too hot, and I could start a fire or something. So I'm going to take it back and find something florescent. My grandfather said he would bring over a light that he used to use to grow fresh water plants. He was using it on a 30 gallon long and the sump on my tank is 65 gallons (both 3'), so it might not be enough. So I started looking around.

How about this: Clamp Grow Light Fixture : Grow Light Supply

The best bulbs to use for fuges are going to be those energy efficient CFL squiggly bulbs. They will be cool running and are cheap to operate.

Back