Fustrated by shrimp!

To be on the safe side.Do a test for copper and see what you get.They are really one of the easiest shrimps to keep.Mine has been with me for over two years now.I feed the fish,the shrimps smells the food and comes out,then I feed it a cube of prime reef.

I'll do a test, although all rock was new from the LFS (mostly dry rock), as well as the sand. Emerald crab, hermit crabs, and snails are doing just fine.

By the way, the Pure Water Club on E-bay has been recommended around here for RO units. I believe Biff got hers for around $100.

you guys r trying to keep shrimp, im trying to get rid of mine. lol

i need him out he just bugs all my coral, camel shrimp!

I had a skunk and a fire that molted like crazy for a few months. Out of the blue they died within a week of each other. I am guessing something happened in my water with salinity or temp, but not sure.

No stray voltage, so I'm good there. I'm ordering an RO/DI unit from Pure Water Club this weekend so that should help any water problems, although they test extremely well (yeah, it is a vague statement). The only shrimp I really want to keep are fire shrimp so I may try again after a few months on the RO/DI.

Next trip you make to the LFS,have them check your hydrometer against their refractometer.
If its reading high,then your salinity could be low enough to cause shrimp a problem.
JMO,But it seems that shrimp are a little more touchy about salinity than most other inverts.Of course I could be wrong.Just taking a stab in the dark.

how can i capture him, what kinda trap should i get.

camel shrimp.

Take a 24oz coke bottle and cut the top 1/4 off.Stick the neck down into the bottom section of the bottle and tape it in a couple of places to hold in place.Then put a little bit of frozen mysis in the bottle.
The camel shrimp should climb in there for the food,then you can just lift the trap and shrimp right out.

Back