Fuzzy dwarf lion fish sting

Mr.Diggler

Smitten with Sookie
Just an FYI, it hurts. I got popped by Boris as I was pulling out a small batch of green hair algae around 7pm. As a chef and a former land surveyor I have a high threshold for pain, this was two hours of burning throbbing hell. Almost five hours later I'm just about normal. I took benydryl and ran my hand under hot water for at least a half an hour. After that, I cranked up my wife's heating pad and took an oxy, five hours later I have just a bit of swelling and stiffness.

My point of this thread, n00bs, lions can be terribly painful. I've suffered through pancreatitis for a week(6 out of 10 pain scale), this was at least an 8.

Please be careful. :Cheers:

I know this is going to sound insane...I have been stung by jelly fish while at the coast. What has always worked the best is tobacco. Chewing tobacco or dip works best but cigarette crushed up and wet will do if thats what you have. No idea why but when I have used it on any type of sting it makes the pain go away fairly quickly and makes it where I dont swell. I am highly allergic to wasps, havent been stung by one of them in a long time but scorpions and jelly fish it worked. Kids got stung by wasps and used it on them also..also worked...:twocents:

Always know where your lion is! When you get comfortable with them its easy to forget though. I know one day I will get stung, and it will be 100% my fault.

I love my Marty though :)

Um, no pics??? :shock:

I'm always careful around my foxface. When I put algae on the clip, he's always right there ready to pick at it before I get it stuck on the glass. Always careful not to do any sudden movements hehehe

When diving, we had a dude that said he had been stung by them loads of times, and he had no reaction anymore... Well, he accidentally got stung while trying to net one, got back on the boat, whole side of his body, swelled up, could barely breathe, and had to go to hospital. I guess he was trying to act tough... ahha

Back