Garf

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
so what have people actually purchased from them? Everyone talks about them, but I'd like to hear what people have gotten and how it worked out.

A friend of mine got some grunge off of them and was very happy. Leroy and SallyJo know their stuff after 30+ years of experience. And I use the "Bulletproof Reef Recipe" to keep my system going. My calcium was a little high so I stopped dosing for a few days and my coraline bleached out in a few days. Started back up and everything colored up again. It seems to work well.

The issue I have with their recipe is it's OK at best as a broad, general guideline.
They recommend 4 VHO bulbs for my size tank. hmmmmm hardly enough to support my system.
Since they have no clue what anyones tank consumes in alk/ca, how can they recommend a dosing schedule?

IMO, I think it's an OK, old school, general guideline and personally wouldn't put alot of faith in it.

GARF is a wonderful little company. The hedleys hail from the wonderful landlocked location of boise idaho just like myself. They are really nice people and are always willing to offer their knowledge. As capt said they can be a bit old school in some methods, but hell I can't argue with what they do. Old school or not they are very good at coral propagation. I have ordered hundreds upon hundreds of cuc items and grunge from them. And never have any issues with dead animals. I had the opportunity to visit Garf when I was in Jr high and he would actually do tours of his house. There was somewhere near 100 tanks setup there. It was awesome! I know I have told this story on here before. But whenever they come up I have to share my kind words.

Didn't you say that because of all the tanks, they had moisture problems and had to stop doing tours because the house was considered condemned or something because of all the water damage?

Didn't you say that? If not, where the hell am I coming up with that story?

Didn't you say that because of all the tanks, they had moisture problems and had to stop doing tours because the house was considered condemned or something because of all the water damage?

Didn't you say that? If not, where the hell am I coming up with that story?

if the house was condemned then how would they still be living there?

The house was soooo damaged from the moisture that it was all pretty much caving in on itself. He thought he could save money by having someone come out to run another insurance quote on the home and when they saw it they said there was no way anyone could come in the house without some insanely large premium so he had to stop letting people in. One of the last straws of the place was he had a big lobster tank from an old seafood restaurant that literally fell through the floor (from what i was told) He used to live next door to one of my best friends withing the last few years. but he sold his home and moved across town to a new place and the people that moved in completely re modeled the place.

Back