getting my feet wet

MamaJones

proud reefer!
Hello Reefers!
I registered awhile ago, but am just getting a chance to get into the site...sometimes being a mom to 3 kids, 3 fish, 1 starfish, 17 crabs, and 11 snails can be demanding. I've been reading saltwater books like crazy in my free time because I'm kind of taking over the hobby my husband started. He had aquariums 11 years ago when he lived in Florida, and one day came home with an aquarium, rock, and fish and said we were going to have a tank! I didn't know much about the hobby, but I figured that wasn't the typical "right" way to go. The tank inhabitants did survive for a few weeks, though. So, after I saw his attempt and waste of money...I told him if we were going to do this we were going to do this right. We've now had a successful tank for 7 months now; I'm ready to jump in to a larger tank. Currently we are operating a 35 gallon and had discussed getting a larger one. Two days ago, I came home from a long trip and a 90 gallon was sitting in the middle of my living room. The hubby couldn't pass the deal on the tank and stand so we have a lot to but are taking our time! I really want a beautiful reef and fish tank like I've seen so many pictures of on here! Some of you guys are so talented!
I'm looking forward to learning and experiencing more of the saltwater world from my family room.

Welcome to living reefs!

I dont know if anyones told you but it's a requirment to show us pics in order to post. J/K, lol but we do all love pics. :p

yeah another one from st. louis, we are very lucky to have some of best pet stores, like gateway aquatics they sell frags worldwide check them out zomania.com and gateway aquatics.com just went there today and got multi colored ricordea's. Now i have almost every colored ric you can buy almost. welcome to living reefs.

Back