Glass Anemones

You talking about Aptasia? Several ways
SYRINGE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
Joes Juice
Lemon Juice
Boiling Water
Air
Vinegar
(Syringe can be medical or marinade injector)
PASTES MADE FROM:
Kalkwasser
Salt(Use sparingly can raise salinity)
ANIMALS
Peppermint Shrimp
Copperband Butterfly(Difficult to Keep Typically)

Ryan's got the list down. The best natural way is peppermint shrimp. The only other way's I've used is kalkwasser and salt paste, and both have worked well.

I would like to get a copperband butterfly, but what are the cautions when housing them in a reef tank?!? I know they feather dusters, but what else.

Welcome Yote keeps one maybe he can help you out, I think a lot of them starve to death, not a very hardy fish. I think they can be very teritorial and they might be nippy as well.

I would like to get a copperband butterfly, but what are the cautions when housing them in a reef tank?!? I know they feather dusters, but what else.

Heres my take on copperbands.This isnt fact,its just my experience.
They are a lot mandrines.If you have a mature tank with a lot of rock and an over abundance of live pods,they will do fairly well.They have to have peaceful tank mates and stable parameters.
I've had mine for a little over 5 months now and he's fat as hawg and eats like one too.

so in other words peppermint shrimp is the way to go. my tank is not established enough. I am only about to hit the 6 month mark, or else the Kalkwasser. Explain what that is. I am not familiar with it.

I swear by peppermint shrimp. They are inexpensive (about 5 bucks a peice at my LFS), are a natural way of dealing with these pests. Plus they look cool scurrying around the tank

Brian

If you get peppermint shrimp, get more than one. In a 90 gallon tank, you could get about half a dozen. Not every individual will eat aiptasia, so if you get more than one, you have a higher chance of success. Not to mention they are cool additions to reef tanks even without aiptasia, and they will prevent future outbreaks of it.

Thank you. I will probably go to my my LFS tomorrow and snag a half dozen or more. I will have to take out and give up my good buddy coral banded shrimp. You are right thought they are a good addiditon, and I like the fact that I can have more than 1 shrimp creaping around the tank like a gangsta on the prowl.

My peppermint shrimp took care of the small problem I brought back from the frag swap in about 1 days time.

have you ever tried to stick one it is not that easy. i went and got a small needle from the pharmacy then when i tried to stick the thing is shrank up into the rock so i think the easiest way is to get a pepermint shrimp. just my 2 cents

Joes juice really takes care of them. I borrowed some from my friend and squired the 2 I had growing in my tank, they immediately burned alive where they sat, one eventually came back a week later, so I hit it again last night. I got a peppermint shrimp at my LFS (for 15$!!!!) and it disappeared after 1 night. Do serpent stars eat peppermint? I'm not about to pay for more peppermints if they will keep disappearing. I never even saw a body...

Cory,Most pepperments are nocturnal.Yours may just be be hiding back in the rock some where.I doubt a serpent star could catch a healthy shrimp.

I guess mine are an exception. I regularly see mine wandering about. Poking their heads out from underneath rocks with the lights on. They are always scavanging around.

Brian

i would go with joes juice works instant and will turn it back to rock my friend had some in his tank and what we did was put juice in the suppled syringe that comes with the kit add they amount of juice that box's says then add some of your tank water mix up in syringe (shake)then go to pest dis spurt juice directly to it and watch it disappear since he as used it there has been no sign of it now 3 years later still none around 20.00 for kit around here most lps stock it good luck

Start doing a 6 week QT on everything before you put it in the display tank.

I introduced ICH to my tank by not doing a proper QT. Lesson learned the hard way. QT EVERYTHING -- Even a wad of cheato for your refugium can have nasties on it.

I'll NEVER put anything into my DT without a proper QT first.

Back