glasscages.com

joeyv

Reefing newb
i was looking at a aquarium from glasscages.com and was wondering if anyone has dealt with them or heard anything about them or just your opinion. i was looking at a 150g acrylic with two corner overflows. check them out or whatever and let me know, thanks everyone.

d.french, thanks for the link. DavidA717, yeah i have heard good things also, just wanted to make sure everyone else has ha. yeah i was just wondering about there product, i just want to make sure i get a good tank.

Personally, I am not a fan of acrylic. I have a 100 gallon acrylic tank at work and my 125 all glass at home. The acrylic does not seem as clear a tank and gets scratched soooo easily, to me, it was not worth it. Personal choice I guess.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

same here, i definitely perfer glass over acrylic. the only thing with glasscages.com is they wont deliver glass tanks, in order to get one from them, you have to go pick it up.

But they will deliver acrylic tanks

yeah after researching it mite be best for me to get glass. they offer a differnet type of glass also that is much more clear but i dont know how much more it is.

Starphire glass is awesome.If you can afford it,I would go with at least the front viewing using starphire glass.When I was looking for a tank,Oceanic made custom tanks with that glass but it was really expensive.The LFS quoted me a price three times as much as my AGA.Oceanic does have standard starphire tanks up to 120gal(front viewing starphire glass,dual overflows,painted black back,euro-bracing,black seams)......very nice but was out of my reach.

yea on glasscages.com they show a comparision of the two glasses and you can tell a big difference.
o reeffreak, i have heard of that euro bracing but what is it? what does it do for the tank?

I've been reading a thread on RC titled ''Oceanic Tech Tank''..from what owners of those tanks said euro-bracing was a more finish look without the plastic trims that are at the top and bottom of the tank.I'm sure it has some kind of bracing but I have no idea what it looks like.If your interested,check with your LFS and see if they are an Oceanic dealer.Oceanic was bought out by All-Glass,instead of competing with AGA they do custom size tanks now.

ok, i will do some checking and thanks for all the help and answering the questions.

i have been talking to the glasscages people and i think i can get a 150g, glass aquarium with starphire front panel and two corner overflows for $800. is that a good price or can i get better??

I was quoted $2500 for a 220g Oceanic(starphire front glass,dual overflows,7 ft long) so $800 for a 150g. sounds really good to me.One thing I want to mention that I read on another board about glasscages,they only warranty there tanks if the whole bottom of the tank is supported not like most stands which only supported the outside parameters.Rather it be glasscages,Oceanic,or Fishtankdirect.com,just check warranty,prices and delivery availability.Good luck tank hunting.

hey thanks for the tip, i never read anything about there warranties but i will be sure to check on all that from now on. thanks for the help and i will keep you posted.

Back