Globe colour questions

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by Sammydog, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Sammydog

Sammydog

I've had a look through here and done a search, but I'm still trying to get a handle on whats going on with my lighting, or at least what my lighting needs are.

I'm due for new globes for my lights (takes two power compacts) and I am wondering what to get. Currently the two globes running in my 24gallon tank are,
    - 55Watt 10,000K/450nm,
    - 55Watt 10,000K/420nm.

Looking at other tanks in the LFS and in photos here, I don't feel the colours in my corals are coming out as well as they should be.

Any suggestions on what bulbs to get for my tank? My corals are all growing well, so I think I have enough light, just not sure on the colour range.

Attached Files:

Sammydog, Aug 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Sammydog

reeffreak

You might want to refer to this thread.Similar question
    https://www.livingreefs.com/lighting-primer-t28086.html

PC bulb choices are limited but yours is even more so because they are the 55w/straight pin bulbs.Don't use 65w bulbs,they will not fire up or if they do it will flicker.I'm not sure what you can do.I only know of one company that still sell 55w bulbs in several different varieties..JBJ.

JBJ-USA Aquarium Products

reeffreak, Aug 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Sammydog

Sammydog

Thanks, I'll have a read of the other thread.

Getting the globes here in australia isn't an issue, I'm just trying to work out what the best combination of globes will be. I'll check out that thread and go from there.

Sammydog, Aug 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question