Glue question!

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I was at the LFS and the ladt there who owns tanks told me I could use plain super glue.

They did not have the epoxy till tomorrow she said but said I could just go with the super glue gel I have here.

Any info anyone. Only if you used if successfully.

Super glue gel works pretty well. Regular super glue is too runny, so you have to use the gel. Any brand will do. It works underwater, and out of water.

You can use regular 2-part epoxy putty from the plumbing department at any hardware store. No need to pay extra for "special" LFS epoxy putty.

The Loctite superglue gel works well. I prefer that brand because its container is easier to use than the regular metal tubes of glue.

Dudet you are full of good news! Sweet now I can just go to lowes or Home Depot and not go to the LFS and spend $20 smackers.

Woot! Woot!

I have use the super glue gel 3 times and I am new at it but it does work. My advice is coming from my own lessons learned:
1. take whatever you are glueing out of the tank and do it in a bowl of water so you can reach it.
2. Use tweezers or something to prevent it from getting on your fingers it SUCKS to get off and then hold it there at least a minute before releasing to let the glue harden
3. Be VERY careful not to get it on your coral. I let go to soon and my frag fell over one of of the heads went face first into the glue and is now sealed shut. I tried to pick the glue off with the tweezers the best I could but he isnt very happy.

Back