glue rock?

The epoxy that is reef safe and you slice it off and work in your fingers.. but with mixed results. It only holds shape and needs something to grasp after it hardens. .. and it still isn't all that strong of a grip.

You can use zip ties, or plastic pins too. Most LR has enough holes you may be able to find a place or two to poke zip ties through..

....or can drill one out better.. but this frequently results in a new piece of LR rubble.

Mine is just carefully stacked by looking for combinations that look good, kinda lock together, and start with a good base solid on the glass and not on the sand. I'm a retired machine design engineer and thought I would figure out a way to fasten it whcih was secure and easy.. ... .. not.. I gave up because everything I tried tended to break up the rock.. and make a huge mess of the project. My take, for me, stop killing the live rock and stack the darned stuff, intelligently.

Last edited:
Orca Reef Glue Underwater Glue works very well for fixing emergency tank leaks. I see no reason that it would not work for rock as well.

Do not attempt this on your tank LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqqDVuUbj2c"]ORCA UNDERWATER GLUE INSURANCE FOR YOUR TANK - YouTube[/ame]

These products could be mighty handy.. IF...

I've heard this stuff is great, and Mr. Saltwater Tank's video on it is quite convincing as well.
EcoTech Coral Glue - Bulk Reef Supply

I also had rock that I could stack together without glue but sometimes this wont work depending on the shape of your rock.

Has anyone here used it and if so how about a report?

Orca Reef Glue Underwater Glue works very well for fixing emergency tank leaks. I see no reason that it would not work for rock as well.

Do not attempt this on your tank LOL

Does anyone know if this is reef friendly?

Last edited:
Orca reef glue is supposed to be reef safe. A store that I order from in Canada sells it online. I have dealt with the store since I started out in the saltwater thing and they give good expert advice and I trust them they have never given me bad advice. Anyone from Canada that has never heard of them I highly recommend them they have some of the best prices I have seen in Canada.
Aquarium supplies, Fish food, Saltwater aquarium fish and aquarium filters from JLAquatics.com

Back