glue

I picked up some corals today:-). I got a 6in pagoda cup. Yep big piece. Now i spent 4hrs and 3 trips to the store for glue. Problem comes in that they didnt work. My lr is riddled with dead barnicle holes and i cant pull the 20lbs lr out reasonably. Any success with glue? Technique probally too, ive tried a rubber band with epoxy, gel super glue, and liquid super glue. I suck at this!

Don't use liquid. That would be a disaster.

The gel super glue is what you're looking for. Apply a good amount to the coral and put it in place. It should cure quickly. Alternatively you can glue corals to larger pieces of rubble and then place or glue the rubble where you want. You can apply the glue while under water. Stick the whole tube in...squirt a good amount on the rock and then hold the frag in place. You can cut off the ends of frags with bone cutters or something else if they are in the way, too.

For the trickier ones I like to use a toothpick (or actually I use a long wooden skewer. I put some glue on the end and then hold the frag in place while I work the glue around it. The glue should cure quickly.

Last edited:
+1 on the super glue gel...that's all I've ever used, and it works great. Once applied, you have to hold the coral into the rock for about a minute for it to set.

I like super glue gel too. Be sure to get the stuff that is cyanoacrylate. When it comes in contact with water it sets fast. When gluing outside of water, glue the coral to a rock and take drops of water with your finger and drip on the glue and it instantly turns milky white and begins to harden. When gluing underwater you have to use more because as soon as it comes in contact with water it forms that white shell and you need to press the coral through that shell to get fresh glue to adhere to the coral. You may need to hold the coral in place if gluing underwater for a few minutes as it takes a while for the glue to completely set.

Back