gobies

gthaefner

Reefing newb
after a long, hard fight we lost the goby. He died two days ago. This is the second goby that I have lost in the past year. I don't understand why. They are supposed to be hardy fish. I keep up with the water changes, pH, salt... everything. I have two clownfish and a fairy wrasse in my 35 g tank and they have never had any problems. What is up with these gobies?? I want to get another one but I don't want to have these problems again. Are there better types of gobies than others? Maybe I just have bad luck..
Thanks everyone!

yes and no.. I posted questions about the problems with the last goby... they both begin their stay with me eating great. After about a month, the first goby suddenly stopped eating, his head turned red, had rapid breathing and died quickly. The second goby ate fine for about 4 months but hid alot so it was hard for me to keep an eye on him. He came out one day a few weeks ago and was very thin and lethargic. I soaked his food in garlic and fed him everyday and he would eat a little. He took me for a rollercoaster ride. I would think he was looking better and then the next day his eyes would be cloudy and then the next his eyes would be clear. He then died.

Hate to hear of the losses.
Sometime we just have better luck with certian fish and no so good a luck with others.

Have had great luck with my Orange Diamondhead goby, no issues with him at all. He filters a lot of sand, eats stray food, fills in and re-digs his hole everynight... Had him for 8-9 months now...

Back