goby

Droskie20

where's nemo?
I am thinking of getting a diamond goby to clean my sand but.... I have black and white sand (the black part of the sand is bigger almost like pebbles) will the goby still clean my and and work around them or am I screwed?

i have the same sand the carib-sea arag-live sand? i was told if i didnt have a bottom sifter to gently run my fingers through it to stir it up alittle.

Is it like the freshwater gravel? And is it all over, or just scattered w/ gaps? It might make it harder for the goby to sift through. Can you post a pic of your gravel?

EDIT: I just saw your other post w/ pics of the black stuff....they look like crushed oreos? It looks sporadic enough...but it will still make it harder for him to clean.

Last edited:
The white sand is as thin fine sand, but the black pieces are different sizes no bigger then a dime but there's plenty of it, what do you guys think is it worth getting it? I really want one

Like I said, it should be ok. The goby won't put something in its mouth of it's too big (thats' what she said! LOL ). I just wonder how effective he will be cleaning around the large pieces. I guess you could try to get one of the hardier ones and see how they do. Just make sure you feed him two small meals a day, since your tank is so new and won't have much food for it to eat.

Back