Good Camera?

drm180

Reefing newb
Could someone give me a suggestion for a good camera. Mostly for tank pics of course. I don't want to spend too much right now but I want a nice one? Ideas?

The Nikon D3000 is the same as their D5000 except without video.Many of us(like Biff) use that camera.The Olympus Pen is another good one for the price considering it is not a true DSLR.There are always use cameras on Craig's List.

Maybe Dennis and Catherine,our resident photography experts may have some suggestions.

The Nikon D3000 and Canon Rebel are probably your only options for under $400 but, both are good cameras for the money. If neither of those look good to you, I had a Nikon Coolpix Point and Shoot that I liked alot.

The model I had has been discontinued for a while, it was the S610. I thought it had good quality for a Point and Shoot.

The Nikon D3000 is the same as their D5000 except without video.Many of us(like Biff) use that camera.The Olympus Pen is another good one for the price considering it is not a true DSLR.There are always use cameras on Craig's List.

Yeah, mine is the D5000. I like it, but it has so many features I don't think I'll ever know how to fully use it correctly.

I use a Canon EOS 500 T1i for my photography studio/business. I love it. I only paid $599 for it... but I also got it on sale.

i used a point an shoot for a long time, paid 90bucks on ebay. here is some of the work, people thought i had a powerful cam.. its really the person who controls how well a cam works.

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

I had asked for a point and shoot for Christmas but I ended up being majorly surprised with a Nikon D3000! The only problem... it has so many features I have no idea where to start lol =D

wow, nice camera. any dslr is great... welcome to my troubled world, i still have lil skill with my cam. take this advice from someone in the same boat as u, watch youtube videos and keep shooting with your cam.
its the lightest cam from the nikon dslr fam. great cam to shoot with.

Last edited:
That's just what I was going to go look at. I love that it is light so I can still carry it around for casual shots but also have the quality of a DSLR. So far it's awesome.

Back