Good deal or Meh?

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I found this online, and have been back and forth with her a few times. Got her down to 500 dollars, for the tank and pump, no stand....but it is brand new. What do you all think? Should I beg the wife right after blowing 200 on coral yesterday, or save the aggrevation?

I think you forgot the link...or im lost...but whatever it is i would bug her anyways!!! At least i do with my wife.(sometimes im surprised she is still around!)

definitely great deal, be careful don't get to many tanks running i know someone who had a 240 gallon in his basement and had so much moisture in air down there it start rusting anything that was metal. i stop at having my 125 gallon and my 75 gallon and got rid of my nano cube. Remember its an addiction. If i was you i would get it but you got to look at long run thats gonna be a big chunk of money on new light lots of live rock, need alteast a 40 gallon breeder tank for a sump, bigger skimmer. I would put a 72" constellation t5 light on that and at the least of a 72" nova extreme pro, will save some money over heat and power consumption of metal halides thats why i'm switching i have a 72" outer orbit that are 1000.00 new i'm selling for 500 bucks.

If I get the tank, I will be transferring the predator into the 46g bow, and the 50g will become the sump. Everything in the 46 would be transferred into the 180. It would also be a winter project, I plan on picking up the pieces as I find deals. I may even ditch the predator altogether, and see if the 180 would take the eel and clown.....ditch the lion.....I don't know for sure, but I'd definately be replacing the 46

I found this online, and have been back and forth with her a few times. Got her down to 500 dollars, for the tank and pump, no stand....but it is brand new. What do you all think? Should I beg the wife right after blowing 200 on coral yesterday, or save the aggrevation?

Your wife let you spend $200 on corals?!?!?!? Yep, you better keep her!

I also blew 190 on a black/white clown and blue carpet anemone two weeks ago, not to mention we drive anywhere from 1.5-4 hrs to get this stuff.

It is new, but old.....lol. It was bought,last year, filled to check for leaks, then not used, probably due to lack of funds. BTW, what is the pump worth, I don't know make but it is 950gph

I say meh!. Its not brand new if it was purchased and sitting for a year...I think you can find better deals than this.

Also, remember you will end up spending a lot more money if you go larger.

would rather do a 120 gallon tank cause there only 4 foot long 24 inches from front to back thats tons of room for live rock and corals. Plus a 48" light is cheaper than a 72" light, if i could find a good deal on one i would do away with my 125 gallon 6foot tank and do a 120gallon.

Back