Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen

iDad

Reefing newb
Hey guys, thought I would introduce myself. My name is Terry, i am 28 and the father of two beautiful little boys. I just recently got into the hobby, my wife wanted to get a Nemo tank for our sons 1 year old birthday because he absolutely LOVES that movie.

Started off with a 10 gallon tank, I did not realize that bigger is better. I figured I would start off small with my first tank until I got the hang of it and then go bigger.

I have 1 Clownfish
10 Hermit Crabs
5 Snails
2 Peppermint Shrimp

I am having a blast doing the tank, I plan on getting a 125 gallon tank sometime in the near future. Right now I am at work. I will post some pictures for everybody later on.

Thanks Everyone!

Welcome to the Reef that's a nice easy start hope you enjoy it and any questions do ask there always someone here that can probably answer it.

welcome aboard. going big IS the only option. I to never realized how limited you are when starting out. I also cant lie, going big comes with a big price........ FUN.

Welcome to the forum and that sounds like a good start. There is a ton of information on this forum and everyone is just so darn friendly and helpful.

Yeah its amazing how fast this hobby can suck you in, Learning about it can be just as enjoyable as actually setting up the tank.

This is my 10 Gallon tank
idad-albums-10-gallon-startup-tank-picture2229-10-gallong-startup-tank.jpg

and this is the next tank that I am going to transfer my clownfish and invertebrates into. The lighting looks a bit bright, I bought a Zoo Med AquaSun T-5 HO Double Light Linear Fluorescent Hood, with Zoo Med T-5 HO Coral Sun Actinic 420 Fluorescent Bulb, and an Ocean Sun bulb as well. Any ideas on how I can get the pretty blue effect I see in many of you guys pictures?
idad-albums-20-gallon-long-tank-picture2253-20-gallon.jpg

It only has one live rock in it right now, but I have since transferred all of the live rocks from the 10 gallon tank into this one. Plus all the hermit crabs and snails are in the tank as well.

Just keep in mind any live rock you have now cane be seed rock in combination with dry rock. I started my tank with 15lb of live the other 50lb I've added in dry rock over time. Now it all has the look of the seed rock with all the spunges and such of the rock I've bought. But to the point of all I've said is its a good was to save a few bucks.

Thanks ZB! I believe I have plenty of live rock right now for my 20 gallon tank to be successful. When I get my 125 gallon I will definately keep that in mind though!

Back