Got him eating good

Doc

I don't work for anybody
Phew,

it has been a battle with my Radiata Lionfish. He was nice and fat when I bought him a few months ago. Luckily, he had some good fat stores because he refused to eat for the first 6 weeks. I tried everything. Nothing would interest him. I finally got desperate and added live fish (mollies and blue damsels). He ate the mollies and one of the damsels over the last month and a bit. I have been adding silversides and krill every other day and tonight, he finally launched at the silversides tonight and ate 2. It was so refreshing to watch. His belly is totally stuffed of fish. He is so skinny now and I was really getting worried. Just wanted to let everyone know

-Doc

no. lionfish are predatory carnivores. they eat other fish and shrimp. they are totally coral safe, but will eat many ornamental shrimp. Cleaners are unknown as it depends on each lionfish whether they will let a skunk clean it without eating it

-Doc

no. lionfish are predatory carnivores. they eat other fish and shrimp. they are totally coral safe, but will eat many ornamental shrimp. Cleaners are unknown as it depends on each lionfish whether they will let a skunk clean it without eating it

-Doc

Why does it say "reef capable:with coution" at dr f&s. Is it because they poo a lot?. Have you ever had your lion kill any of your fish, shrimp, crabs, snails, ect...

Why does it say "reef capable:with coution" at dr f&s. Is it because they poo a lot?. Have you ever had your lion kill any of your fish, shrimp, crabs, snails, ect...

please view previous post which explains the question before you asked it

-Doc

-Doc

lol the thing about my dwarf is most of the fish Including my shrimp are way bigger than him he lets both the skunk and fire shimp clean em how cool

Great news Doc.
You know my love for these guys. and have even thought getting one for the 220! but my lil clown would more than likley end up a meal!

can we get some pic's or possibly a VID of the lil fella eating ! you know how much fun it is to watch,

Great news Doc.
You know my love for these guys. and have even thought getting one for the 220! but my lil clown would more than likley end up a meal!

can we get some pic's or possibly a VID of the lil fella eating ! you know how much fun it is to watch,

Just an FYI, I have him with 2 Ocellaris clowns. They swim past him all the time and he doesn't seem interested. He does like broken silversides. I don't know if he will ever eat the clowns. They are more opportunistic eaters and will not hunt out their prey. Lazy fish

-Doc

that's really good news doc! I was startin to believe that the lionfish was dead or somethin and you just didn't wanna tell us. have not heard much at all about him. glad to hear he's eating... finally

that's really good news doc! I was startin to believe that the lionfish was dead or somethin and you just didn't wanna tell us. have not heard much at all about him. glad to hear he's eating... finally

Hell ya he is eating! I am going to try to make him a part of my POTM entry next month (since I got swashbuckled during the last contest). I am torn between the Radiata (which no one else has in their tanks on this forum) or, my angels and sohal. Not sure. I have to plan really well to match the intensity of the competition (not to mention actually do a water change and clean the glass)

-Doc

HAHAHAHAHA. that is funny. Although, I have no desire to attempt to touch the little devil to put the mask on. He gets aggressive toward his bigger fishmates, lunging at them with his dorsal spines flared. I don't want to be on the receiving end of that trauma. A foxface sting was enough. I have to desire to find out the exquisite pain of a lionfish. unless he was in my trousers!!! :mrgreen:

-Doc

Back