Gotta love

geeze that sounds like a butt load of work but worth it. good luck and wear gloves. haha....i hate how rock tears your hands to crap

Yea I'm with you Flo, too much work for me.

I sure am glad you all made these mistakes with the Kenya weeds and xenia so I don't put that crap in my tank whenever I get started

I like the way they look but they seem a little too much like a weed in a garden that keeps coming back.

Xenia is well groomed in my tank by my Koran angel. This stuff also helps keep his interests away from my SPS :)

Xenias no where near as bad as kenyas.At least with xenia,you can frag it out and remove it from the tank.

Just what you got to trade for a like a 16" to 18" rock thats covered in those Rc?:D

You'd just have to give me time to get the 125 set up and everything moved over.

Oh wow!! I can't fit a rock that big in my tank Yote. It's only 30g.

How about a frag? Can you cut 10 or 15 off the rock and stick 'em in a bag? I will mount them when they arrive.

I'll send you anything you want. Your choice:
Purple Death palys
Purple mushrooms
Green Button polyps
Green Stripe mushroom
Some of those purple and blue spotted mushrooms (superman mushrooms)
Pink palys
Fuzzy green mushrooms
A few polyps of any acan
Blastos
Other zoas. I have several different ones. Will post pics if you want to see any of them.

Cash? I'll pay you for a frag if I don't have anything you want.

You start from the bottom with a dremel and a cutting wheel.

Cut almost completely through the skeleton until there is just a tiny fraction of an inch holding it together. Like 1/16" or less. Try not to cut the polyps with the dremel wheel. It sucks, but it won't kill them.

Use a butter knife and gently spread the polyps apart. Cut through the base of the polyp down to the bone with your exacto knife.

Flip it over again and use a 1/4" flat screwdriver and insert it into the crack where you just cut the skeleton on the bottom. Gently twist the blade to snap the last little bit of bone apart.

Obviously, you have to study the piece a bit and determine where the base of each polyp is attached to the skeleton. Don't cut right up the center of a polyp. Try and cut the skeleton so each polyp can be snapped off with just a bit of bone still attached.

I just recently fragged a small acan in my frag tank. It was pissed for a couple hours, then it opened up and took off growing again. No big deal.

Last edited:
Tell ya what Rc.If you'll pay the shipping,I'll give you some of those zoanthids. Their not going in my 125.Matter of fact,everything I put in the 125,is going to be either an LPS or an SPS.
And after looking at the rock again,there are actually 2 big rocks thats covered.

Back