Green Bubble Anemone problem???

eclipse_001

Reefing newb
I bought two anemones yesterday a Sabae and a Green Bubble Tip, The Sabae is doing wonderfully open even more than it was at my LPS , but the green bubble is a whole different story he was about the same as he was at the LPS early in the day but as time has gone on today he is shrinking and shrinking he has gone from the size of the palm of my hand down to the size of a nickle, the LPS told me not to worry, that this is normal I am having a hard time believing this anyone out there have any advice????

both my anemones did that on the first day.. in fact my bta looked better within an hour of puting it in and then within the next few hours turned inside out and oozed brown slime... hes just pooping probly or adjusting... now he does it everynight haha. its just n anemone thing... if he start clouding the water around him and he is clearly not reacting then get him out tho....

How long has your tank been set-up and established...anemones need very established water and very strong lighting. Average of 6months to a year establishment.

the tank that they are in is well over two years old, he is starting to make a comeback i think, weird behavior difference between the two,

Anemones can do some strange things sometimes.
Its fairly normal for them to close up like that when introduced into a different tank.I guess its the water chemistry.

Seabae`s need high lighting and are very difficult to keep. One of the few I know that have done good is Larry`s (ccCapt).

Back