green coraline?

ReefWannabe

Reefing newb
Ive been starting to get some of my purple back lately. But ive also started getting more and more neon green spots and bigger sections. I also have spots with some yellow. Are these both forms or coraline???

my base rock

my base rock on my previous set up before the system crashed and i ended up boiling the hek out of all my rock at first started to get like a bright neon green pattern on big spots of it and ended up getting darker and becoming just green algae and it's happening now with the new set up u saw. purple up is the devil! lol

yes yellow is ok but explain the green is it fuzzy and how are your phos if there 0 and stay near 0 then you are ok there are lots of colors but some of the bad looks very close to the bad they are usely red to purple to orange

If the green is hard and on the glass you can bet it is coralline. Even on the rocks. If it looks like coralline but green then you're OK. That algae comes in all different colors. I have green and purple on my glass and rocks. I even have orange and red occasionally. All of mine comes and goes.

now that u bring it up

i have 2 little patches of green algae on both sides of my 55 tank that my magnet scrubber just wont scrub off so is that green coralline?

i've been trying to get it for ever. i always buy rocks from the 4 lfs i go to. thinking one of them would grow.it's always been the pink or marroon algae.as of last week i finally have coraline algae growing,but it's light blue almost lavender. don;t know where it came from but i'll take what i get.

I added a couple extra rocks about a month ago. The one was completly white when i got it now its almost covered in that bright neon green too.

Back