Green Hair Algae

Greenman

Reefing newb
My tank is starting to look like a cheea pet and I don't know why.... My nitrates are <5 nitrites and ammonia both at 0.... I do not have a phosphate test kit, could phosphates alone cause a hair algae outbreak? I have a fox face and a lawnmower blenny and they havnt done anything.

The algae is also using up the nutrients. So you're getting a kind of "false negative".

How often are you feeding? Do you have any macro algae?

Erin, lol this was a long time ago not sure if its to late to continue our conversation but im feeding once a day. Unfortuanantly no macro algae, my fiance and I recently had a little girl so all time/money has been going that way and tank is on the back burner.

Not near as much but still alot of algae. Its mostly a harder algea, not quite coraline but something else that's forming on the glass. I have a bit of hair algea but i try to take care of it while my daughter goes down for a nap. My corals and fish are doing amazing, mushrooms and kenya's are mulitiplying like mad just the darn algae lol.

I've been fighting either a green hair algae/bryopsis outbreak. I raised mag to about 1900 and target shot hydro peroxide and in a week and a half it's almost gone.

Back