Greetings...

aboswell

Reefing newb
Hello everyone, my name is Andrew, and I live in Chesapeake, Va. I am currently in the process of setting up a 220g reef tank, and thought I would harness the power of the internet for once, and gather knowledge from other reef keepers.

Hi, welcome to our site. Please make yourself a build thread in our tank showcase section and fill it with LOTS of pics during your build. Feel free to ask lots of questions, we are always happy to help.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm bringing the tank home tomorrow. I've had it at work, painting the cabinet. I would prefer stained wood, but it had two layers already, and I dont have the time or patience to strip it totally... so I regretfully painted it black. I should have it moved in by 10:00, and then we are expecting a couple of days of snow- so plenty of time to play.(But I better have all my plumbing supplies!) I will post some pics tomorrow, but I have some substrate decisions to make first!

Yep, for substrate you want to go with sand, not crushed coral. Crushed coral can lead to all kinds of water quality problems, it will end up looking like crap, and sand-sifting animals won't want to live in it.

Back