Reefing newb
Don't know what it is

Sun Coral
Black urchin
Black and green polyp
Something that looks like a funnel
Some orange thing that sits in the sand said it takes in water and spits it ouy

Any ideas

sun coral is non photosynthetic so you need to feed it three to four times a week.

the black urchin is not a coral, its part of your clean up crew

black and green polyp is not descriptive enough, picture please

again picture please of your "funnel" like coral so when can tell you what it is

again, picture for proper id

useless_without_pics.gif

Yeah it's hard to say without pics. Good luck with the sun coral though, they are extremely challenging to keep. The black ones are rare, so nice score. Like Dustin said, you will need to hand feed the polyps every day or every other day.

For hand feeding, simply cut the bottom out of a 2-liter plastic Coke/Pepsi bottle.

Take the lid off.

Push it into the water and cover the coral with the bottom opening in the bottle.

Squirt the food in through the hole on top.

Put the lid back on just tight enough to keep it from coming off.

Now your coral can eat in peace without being mobbed and beaten by hungry and aggressive fishies - crabs - snail - shrimp etc...

OK

What are these- hope you can see the pictures

Attachments

• WHAT IS THIS?.jpg
    WHAT IS THIS?.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 291
  • Purple what is this.jpg
    Purple what is this.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Green what is this.jpg
    Green what is this.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 283
The first pic looks more like just a coral skeleton of some kind.
The 2nd pic looks like the mat of encrusting star polyps.
The 3rd looks like a brown candy cane at the top and either blue anthelia or blue xenia one,at the bottom.

The first pic looks more like just a coral skeleton of some kind.
The 2nd pic looks like the mat of encrusting star polyps.
The 3rd looks like a brown candy cane at the top and either blue anthelia or blue xenia one,at the bottom.
i had the same thoughts when i saw the pictures, looks like the guy took you for a ride when he sold you that dead animals skeleton

Did it look exactly like that when you got it? Is it completely white and hard? If there's flesh on it, it can come back, but it does look pretty far gone. If you've had it for a few days now, and it didn't look like that when you bought it, well then I'd say you're SOL :)

Back