Had to do it.

yote

In Memoriam
Just had to re-do my rock while ago.Trying to get the shyest member of the 75 to show himself more.

Heres my Flame Angel:
Haw.jpg

Here is the shy member:
lilblue.jpg

And heres a shot of the new look of my rock pile:
re-scaped.jpg

Notice all the little blurry purple spots on the built in overflow?:bounce:

awsome..as allways!!..yote and his coralline..you kill me of envy every time!!...nice work bud...you have some gentle touch for a roughneck..

Have you thought of buying a tripod Yote? That should help your pictures out. Nice aquascaping, I like the new look! And your fish and corals look like they are doing really well.

Biff,
Yeah,I thought about a tripod,but I gotta get a better camera first.

Bobby,
I've had the mandrine for a couple of weeks or so.He actually loves frozen blood worms and mysis.Just wont come of the rock to eat.He just waits in there untill the flow brings the food to him.

Looks great. Love the flame angel. Will it get to big for a 55? Been trying to decide what other fish I want.

Yote glad to see the flame is rockin still. Had him for what like a week now? mine is still going strong. no coral nipping after about 6 mos. dont let the hype scare you.

back to the subject.... the mandarin is sooo awesome. I really really want one. Hopefully it will get a lot more friendly with you tank so you can enjoy it more.

One of these days I'll learn to take pictures that aint blurry.

Use a tripod and set your camera to shoot on it's 10 second delay - this should remove all of the camera blur. Then you will just have to worry about the fish and coral moving :)

Yote glad to see the flame is rockin still. Had him for what like a week now? mine is still going strong. no coral nipping after about 6 mos. dont let the hype scare you.

back to the subject.... the mandarin is sooo awesome. I really really want one. Hopefully it will get a lot more friendly with you tank so you can enjoy it more.

Mine is constantly out in the tank - very entertaining trip!

Yeah Red,The Flames been in a week and hasnt touch the first coral that I know of.He's always picking at the little sponges that grow on the rock though so I guess he's getting what he needs from them.

AD.
I'm looking at some Digi cams.What do I need to be looking for as a good all around camera to use on my tank and wildlife?

Before we talk about cameras - it's a good idea to talk about how much money you want to spend first.

There are great cameras at all price points... they key is to find the best one you can afford and start from there.

I was figuring around 400 bucks or so.I want a good camera,but at the same time dont want to crazy expensive being as i'll be carrying it on hunting and campping trips to.

I should also give the advice when looking at this type of camera - do not be tricked by the "digital zoom" myth. Pay no attention to the 10, 11 or 12x digital zooms that are listed with a lot of cameras. Digital zoom is a joke and you will never use it. Digital zoom is the camera processor "guessing" what the image would look like if it were to zoom that far. The more you zoom the worse it will look! Try to find a camera with atleast 2x analog zoom...

Steves Digicams - Nikon D40 SLR User Review

Also - If you want to spend just a tad more - I'd look into the Nikon D40 (around 500 with one 18 to 55mm lens) - especially if you wanting to do outdoor shots. The trick is - it's a DSLR - but it's Nikon's entry level DSLR (costs less than 600 bucks with one lens). It's the smallest DSLR. The lens that is typically comes with it will be great for your everyday shots. The lens will be great for outdoors as well (a DSLR will offer much more variety in type of pictures you can take). You will also have the flexibility of additional lenses should your needs change.

I've got the D40X which is just a 10.2 megapixel version of this camera... but this camera is hands down a top pick from every reviewer out there.

Camera Recommendations

He chooses his D40 over some cameras that are well over triple the cost... It's worth the extra bucks!

Back