Had to do it.

NICE FLAME. Glad to see more people risking angelfish, even if it is a little one. I killed a manderine once, it looked just like yours. Hope you have better luck with yours. I really like the rock work.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

I miss my Potter's Angel. Had that guy for over two years. He did good for about the first week when we started adding corals. It took him a few weeks to completely kill all the Xenia's in the tank. Take a look closely at the corals... this Potter's would only eat a little at a time and it wasn't very noticeable. What killed the Xenia was more the stress from the constant attacks more than the actual bites.

Oh I'm keeping a close eye on him Ad.Even though he is my favorite fish,I'll hokk em in a heart beat if I catch him eating on my acros.

If he does nip, it won't be any of your SPS. Angels have a flavor for more meater fare. Your LPS are more of a risk, and Xenia. They love xenia

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Yote - for once maybe I can teach YOU something - the best way I've found to take clear pics of a fish tank is to get yourself about 8' away from the tank, zoom in a bit, make sure it's focused, and then take your pic - after making sure your dig camera is set to the highest resolution. Then use your favorite photo editing software to zoom in and crop.

looks great! the manderine I have eats the food I feed in my tank... I have 2 both males( the FO store told me one was a female) but they both are boys... they fight all the time. like boys........... if I could catch them I would take one back to the FO store and trade it ........ for what I don't know????? The color of this fish is so great I don't know what to replace it with............HELP??????????????????

Thanks Kevin.I'll be doing some shopping for a new camera this weekend.
The one I'm using now is one of those little cheap kodiak point and shoot deals.

Lisa
If you can catch one of those mandrines,You can always trade for corals.

I have a 2 year old Kodak camera with a 10x optical zoom on it. If I could change one thing about it - which would make tank photography a whole lot easier - it would be having the option of turning off the auto focus. That's why most of us have trouble taking tank pics - the auto focus selects the glass as the focus point, instead of what's behind it.

Another feature you should check while shopping is the delay between the time you push the shutter button and the time the photo is actually taken. On my camera, it's about a second - which is a L-O-N-G time for a fish to swim out of the frame...

You also might want to check Tech product reviews for cell phones, computers, MP3 players - CNET for their reviews; these guys know their stuff.

I have a 2 year old Kodak camera with a 10x optical zoom on it. If I could change one thing about it - which would make tank photography a whole lot easier - it would be having the option of turning off the auto focus. That's why most of us have trouble taking tank pics - the auto focus selects the glass as the focus point, instead of what's behind it.

Another feature you should check while shopping is the delay between the time you push the shutter button and the time the photo is actually taken. On my camera, it's about a second - which is a L-O-N-G time for a fish to swim out of the frame...

You also might want to check Tech product reviews for cell phones, computers, MP3 players - CNET for their reviews; these guys know their stuff.

This is an easy problem to correct.. and it's somewhat manual. Use the auto-focus and after you notice it's blurry... move the camera around a bit.

There are a few key points when taking pictures of your tank

1) use a tripod (there are some good cheap ones out there)
2) use the timer on your camera or your wireless remote (when used with a tripod it eliminates hand vibrations)
3) adjust the white balance to match more with your tank

doing the first two of those will fix the majority of the bad pictures out there!

I'll have to look at that up close and personal Lion.
I'm still shopping around,because what ever camera I get has got to pull triple duty.Taking pics of my corals,hunting trips and wildlife pics,plus its got be able to stand up to float trips down the river,camping during deer and turkey season,and cub scout trips and camps.So it's be getting carried around a lot in my back pack to.And we all know how that goes,its gonna get pretty well used and abused.

Back