Hair algae

andersoned14

Reefing newb
I have been haveing a problem with hair algea in my 29gal reef tank lately. I got a new light a few months ago and thought that might be it. But it only seemed to be on one side of the tank. (where the sun light hits it in the morning before the MH turns on.) I reduced my feeding to everyother day and less than I was feeding everyday. Still the hair keeps growing. I also got a MD in the tank around the same time, Wondering if you think since it is eating the pods that is why the algae is growing more now?? What else can I do? I have tried to remove it and water changes but by the third day it is just as bad as if I left it there?

Buy some blinds or curtains for the window. Natural sunlight really fuels algae. I don't think the mandarin has anything to do with eat -- pods don't affect algae growth.

pods don't affect algae growth
wondering if they eat the thing that fuels algae. I thought pods are part of the clean up crew. That was my thought on that. I have blinds on the window. Problem is it's a patio door, so the wife opens it to let light in for the kitchen and dinning room. I think it is kind of a bad spot for the tank, as far as light goes.

Back