Hammer Care

Sammydog

Reefing newb
Question on Hammer care.

My hammer has recently (last week or so) to receed, its been in the tank for quiet a few months. My torch, frogspawn, leather and mushrooms are going crazy. Water seems fine (going to test again tonight).

Only think I can think of is that the waterflow is slightly less where the hammer is. Would this be a likely culprit?

I'll post pictures tonight of the hammer.

The flow shouldn't be a problem if its to little flow. Hammer's, frogspawn and torches ususally don't like a lot of flow and wont fully extend.

is there a fish or anything messing with it? My clown fish think that they can ruffhouse my frogspawn so it doesnt open that well. Glad they arent in it 24/7 or else it would probably be dead. They usually mess with my hairy mushrooms.

My clowns like to sit under my mushrooms and on rare occasions play in the frogspawn. Other than getting a bit of shrimp that falls into the hammer I don't think I have ever seen them pay any attention to it.

That's what I thought about flow, my frogspawn has slightly more flow though and is going great which is why I asked the question.

Its funny,because mine was only extending about halfway a week or so ago.....thought nothing of it for the first day..Then it did it for 4 days.....,but as of a couple days ago its back to full extension ....so IDK why,maybe its just what they do sometimes...

Back