Harlequin Shrimp (pics)

I love these 2 i have. Sure they cost alot to have but they are worth it. They are beautiful creatures! Mine at night will "dance". It lieterally catches a current and flutters around the tank. Wish i could get it on my camera but my moonlights arent bright enough. Hope you enjoy the pic's

DSCF3427.jpg

DSCF3428.jpg

DSCF3429.jpg

DSCF3432.jpg

DSCF3433.jpg

By far my most favorite shrimp. I had 2 in my main display to irradicate the Asternia. I gave them up when they were done as I have a Sandsifter and a giant Blue Linkia that need to go back in.

By far my most favorite shrimp. I had 2 in my main display to irradicate the Asternia. I gave them up when they were done as I have a Sandsifter and a giant Blue Linkia that need to go back in.

Thats mainly why i got them too. They destoryed them within a week. Then they kinda grew on me after i fed them their first real starfish. I think i have 2 of the same sex because they kinda fight with eachother a lil. Nothing harmful but the smaller one is def scared of the bigger one. They both have molted 3-4 times since ive gotten them and they are getting big. Think ill keep these guys as long as i can.:Cheers::mrgreen:

I know people that have kept them. They bought a Chocolate Chip star fish, chopped him up, froze the pieces for food. I guess you could also just cut off little pieces of live Chocolate, and keep him in your sump.

I know people that have kept them. They bought a Chocolate Chip star fish, chopped him up, froze the pieces for food. I guess you could also just cut off little pieces of live Chocolate, and keep him in your sump.

Dont have a sump but i never thought of cutting and freezing. That work out ok? I usually just buy the cheapest starfish i can find, sometimes orange linka's 14.99. I then cut an arm off and split that between the two. Then repeat 3-4 days later. I was keeping the starfish in my reef tank and they would occasionally get the star and eat it when i wasnt home. Now im cutting a leg and putting the star in my mantis tank for holding. If the freeze thing works ill def do that with the cho chips.

I fell in love with these in the store too but I also like starfish so I couldnt see myself feeding them anything live, now if they sold starfish in the little frozen cubes I would totally get some. LOL

Heres a bump to the thread.....i didnt have my phone ready when he was really high, when i came back he was back on the substrate....he then moves to the corner and like straight out of the matrix he's like " lift off!" .....so cool IMO. One of these days ill get a good vid..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eirMDIZHOPk]‪Harlequin shrimp taking a ride.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Back