have a problems

PH is perfect
Nitrate aren't to high either.Closer to zero is better in most cases.I would increase water changes.If your doing 10% weekly,then increase to maybe 15-20% wkly.

reduce your feedings to every other day and use frozen food. If you are really cautious, you can strain the cube in a tight meshlike a pair of nylons and melt the frozen cube and remove the jelly-stuff that causes most of the pollutants in the food and they toss in the mysis shrimp or whatever you are feeding. Just run the cube under some tank water in the sink after thawing the cube and dump it in the tank (not sure if I explained the straining process well....hmmmm, probably why I was not an English major in college). Yes increase water changes, but no more than 50% in a month, yes filter your sand and lots of praying to the diety of your choice can't hurt.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

i change 15% of water, i feed flakes and frozen food every other day and i do clean the gravel. i just did a 20% water change. i just found out that my blue tang jump out my tank today why i don't know

hmm, you are about to stump me. It sounds like, for some reason, you are having a lot of nutrient added to your tank. that can come from food if you are feeding a TON every other day or die off in your tank - losing a coral you missed, mass suicide of snails or crabs, something like that. It should correct itself over a bit of time. Just keep up with water changes and let your tank run its course. It really takes a year for your tank to get seasoned and truly balance out. 40ppm isn't the end of the world and there are worse problems to have. Hell, I can't ever get my phosphate under .5 because I feed like crazy - but it doesn't seem to effect my corals (except when I try pom pom xenia - each time I have tried it, no matter where I buy it, it shrivels up within minutes from entering my tank. Weird). Anyway, keep with it.

I am also having the same problem I have been feeding less and did a partial water change and it has gone to .20 ppm. Is this o.k in a fish only tank , does it stress the fishes in any way.

nitrates effect the corals long before it harms or stressed the fish. 20ppm is no big deal nor is 40ppm in a fish only tank for that matter.

Back