hello all, somewhat new to saltwater

that national

Reefing newb
my name probably doesnt make any sense, i use the same name for every forum im a part of

i had a small reef tank about 7 years and now im just getting back into things with a 55 gallon. nothing is set up yet because im waiting for my wet/dry filter to come in. so ill probly just be looking in the back ground for a little while.

Hello and Welcome!

I hate to tell you this, but there are much better options now than a wet/dry filter. I would remove the bioballs and make a fuge there.

The bioballs will trap crap and rot, releasing nitrates back into the water column, lessing your water quality. So unless you are cleaning them regularly, they cause more problems than they solve.

Hello and Welcome!

I hate to tell you this, but there are much better options now than a wet/dry filter. I would remove the bioballs and make a fuge there.

The bioballs will trap crap and rot, releasing nitrates back into the water column, lessing your water quality. So unless you are cleaning them regularly, they cause more problems than they solve.

yeah, i wont be using the bioballs ive heard the stories. good lookin out though:mrgreen:

thats my job!!

Plus its a whole lot easier to start without them to have to remove them after the whole thing is up and running, so i try and let people know asap.

Back