Hello all

Markiis

Reefing newb
Hello hello there. Ive been wanting to put together a tank for a while now. Just bought a house so I can make that possible :) Nothing yet trying to do some research to make sure it will be a success... Any tips on where I should start first?

Welcome to the site.
You already made one good choice by joining the site.
Whats are your setup plans?Because that will go a long in what kind of livestock you can keep and the equipment you'll need.

Then the biggest things to look are right now are the skimmer,lights,and weather or not to run a refugium.Dont skimp on the skimmer and lights.Those 2 are the life of a reef tank.Also look at live rock,you'll need 1 to 2lbs of rock per gallon.It dont have to be all live rock.Base rock is cheaper and with time the live rock seed the base.
And above ALL,research,research,then research some more.Then when you think you got it down pat,research it again and take your time.The only things that happen fast in this hobby is the bad stuff.

Welcome to the site. we have several very good articles in our article forum listed at the top of the screen. you will find a lot of helpful information there. have fun.

Welcome to the forum. I would definitely consider a fuge, as well as a sump with a 100 gal setup, after the lights and skimmer that Yote mentioned.

Back