Hello Everybody

InsanityPrawnBoy

Reefing newb
Hello I have just started a 10 gallon nano AIO tank. i know how to care for a tank I have all I need(besides an alkalinity test kit) including an RO/DI system. I will be looking for help and suggestions along the way. The tank has been set up for 4 days now(Cycling) and I have done research for over a year for my next tank which is a 55 gallon tank that is going to be a reef predator tank...or just predator tank depending. Hope you guys can help me!

I will post another thread but I might be able to be answered here. I wondered if I could have a pair of firefish...no... I was suggested to get a YWG and Pistol Shrimp for my tank. Is that good advice? Any other suggestions for inhabitant fish? I also want to keep sexy shrimp and lots of corals(Zoas, Mushrooms, Palys whatever I can care for). Thank you! The forum looks great.

hmm well usually predator tanks and reef tanks are separate because most "predators" arent too reef friendly [or reef invert friendly] and also a 55 is a tad small for a predator tank... it really limits your options for the inhabitants.
as for your 10 gallon, a firefish pair could work if they are the only fish.. the watchman goby and pistol could also work but i wouldnt try to add any other fish to that tank either. for the mushrooms zoas etc youll really have an easy time with lighting... you could use pcs even for a softy only tank... if you want higher end softies or even some stonies eventually youll want to invest in a small t5 fixture which i would recommend regardless because they are great, versatile, and now relatively cheap fixtures.

hmm well usually predator tanks and reef tanks are separate because most "predators" arent too reef friendly [or reef invert friendly] and also a 55 is a tad small for a predator tank... it really limits your options for the inhabitants.
as for your 10 gallon, a firefish pair could work if they are the only fish.. the watchman goby and pistol could also work but i wouldnt try to add any other fish to that tank either. for the mushrooms zoas etc youll really have an easy time with lighting... you could use pcs even for a softy only tank... if you want higher end softies or even some stonies eventually youll want to invest in a small t5 fixture which i would recommend regardless because they are great, versatile, and now relatively cheap fixtures.

For lighting I was planning on Odyssea Power Compact Lighting I have a bigger version for the 55(IT has T5s) on the tank until I get those. I would only keep the goby and shrimp in the tank so that is great thank you! Ya I want this tank to be basic corals. They may be basic but can be very colorful and exciting.

The predator tank would be a paired fuzzy lions, maybe a ghoul, and a leaf fish at very most. I might just end up fuzzy pair and some other fish. Anyways that is way down the road my focus is the 10 gallon because I need my cash all in one area lol.

Welcome to the reef.
Those lights will work for most soft corals.
Something to think with predators.Anything they can fit in their mouth,including other predatory fish,will usually become an expensive meal.

Thank you for your input. I did a bit of research in the fuzzys but not into other fish. It is just an Idea my mind always changes and this is maybe a year down the road so not sure yet.

Thank all of you!

That have more output? If so I will get it because my next load of cash I will be able to afford either one. Although it is a tad big but that is fine. Thanks

Back