Hello everyone

firemed530

Reefing newb
Well I have heard it said go big or go home......so i did. One of the guys i work moved and in his new house he has a 500....yes 500g salt reef tank. He sold me his 175g tank,custom stand with hood, lights, refugium, with protein skimmer and 55 gallon tank for 300....that my friends is a bargain lol. I have seen this tank when it was set up and it was amazing. But with him moving I cant pick his brain very much so well....thats why I am here. I will post some pictures of the tank and the contents so I can get help with setting it up. I will be buying an RO/DI system this weekend and start setting this up as soon as I can because its killing me with it sitting empty in my living room. I am glad there are forums such as this with me being such a noob. Hope to make lots of friends on here and one day be able to return the favor with someone new to the hobby.

Thanks
Larry

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you aboard. We'll be more than happy to assist you setting that beauty up.

Hi Larry...thats a hell of a deal...We love pics, builds, new people...Its so nice to know that we arent all in need of a shrink...

LOL thanks guys. I have to admit this is all a bit daunting so i am sure you guys can expect alot of questions. But I want to do this right I cant say that money is no object but I do understand you get what you pay for. I also understand this is not something that will be up and running in a week. I am going to take some pics now and get them on the forum

Back