hello from buffalo

j4ant

Reefing newb
hello to everyone!!!! i have a 125 mixed reef tank. kind of work in progress. i did a couple major upgrades in the last few months, from lights to skimmer, and more live rock. i am still learning more, and hope to be able to grab some experience from the forums.

set up is:
125 gal long with canopy top. 2x 250w MH and 2x 54w t5HO actinic. 45 blue led lunar lighting.
home made sump that is next on the replacment list.
120 lbs live rock
100 lbs of aragamax (sugar sized sand) aka pain in the ???
octo nw 200 skimmer
1200 gph hang on over flow /w mag 7 return. return pump needs an upgrade!!
flow is 2x k4's
and much more that i cant think of at the time.
this is my 1st shoot at a reef and things have been ok so far, nice mixture of corals in the tank now. only a few fish for now untill i get good at keeping bad levels down and good levels up!!
always looking for advice

Hiya and welcome to the reef. Sounds like you got a nice setup there. There is also a tank build section here where you can upload all your tank photos and keep a running record of everything you do to your tank.

Hiya and welcome to the reef. Sounds like you got a nice setup there. There is also a tank build section here where you can upload all your tank photos and keep a running record of everything you do to your tank.

thank you. i still have a few things i would like to upgrade. new sump is next on the list. current sump i get a ton of micro bubbles and no room to build a bubble trap.

Back