Hello! from Palm Beach Florida!

JohnnyDanger

Reefing newb
Hey guys!

Just a quick introduction, I've had freshwater tanks for a while and I've finally gotten to the point where I can maintain a saltwater reef community. My setup will be a 55 gallon DT with a 20 gallon long sump. For the next few months I will be building the sump Refugium, stand, and canopy all from scratch. My goal is to have everything built and ready to work by September. However, no pumps will run or water added to the tank until Thanksgiving as I will be in Tallahassee finishing up my Computer Science degree at FSU. I plan to start cycling my tank while I'm home for thanksgiving and start adding fish and corals around Christmas time. My Dad will be home to add some live rock or whatever else the tank needs while it is cycling. Over the course of the next few months, I will be accumulating the pumps, filters, heaters, and lights that I will need as I have the money and find the best deals. I hope to take videos and pictures of my build as I go through the steps to completion. I've learned a ton from reading posts you guys have put up and I'm sure I'll learn a lot more. Hopefully I'll be able to trade some frags with some of you locals one day too!

I started my saltwater hobby yesterday when I bought my 55 gallon display tank and 20 gallon sump all for 75$ brand new from Petco (they're running a 1$ per gallon deal right now).. The project begins!!

photo.jpg

Back