Hello from the AK

extremeshannon

Reefing newb
Hello everyone my name is Shannon and I live in Palmer Alaska. I am finally getting a salt water aquarium together. I have had fresh water for a long time but a friend is giving me a 150 gallon tank and lots of goodies to go with it. I plan on making this my center piece in my bar. I don't have much of a clue of how to do this yet and have a couple friends that do. Will post pics in the months coming to see what I come up with.

Welcome to the site! If you have any questions feel free to ask, there are many knowledgable people here

Hi Shannon! I just moved from Fairbanks in September =P Didn't start my tank though until I got settled in here in Michigan. This is an expensive hobby and I would assume your going to run into a lot of trouble getting livestock all the way up there in AK! haha, Shipping was a pain even for non-living goods! >.<

Let me know how it goes tho! I'm sure there is a way... even if it costs a bit extra.

I think if the tank was behind the bar or somewhere safe it'd be okay... If it's out in the open, I'd recommend having a locking canopy and cabinet so people can't access it. God knows what they'd try to put in the water. :shock:

Back