Hello from VA

cam2fst4u

Reefing newb
Hey everyone.. new to the boards...

Background... I used to have saltwater tank about 7 years ago that I had for maybe 3 years. It got to the point that I didn't have enough time to take care of it like I wanted to so I gave everything I had to a friend. I always missed it and wanted to eventually set up another one. We bought a beta when my son was a couple months old. he is 4 now and it just died. So I thought it would now be a good time to start a small set up. Seems that I have forgotten more than I learned...lol.. Anyway.. I have just setup a 30gal. I am going to search for the answers first but have a feeling I may be asking alot of questions... Thanks in advance

thanks for the welcome bjohanson.... question... i searched but no luck...

what would cause bristle worms to die? I looked in the tank this morn and there are a few on the bottom dead.. any idea what would cause this?

Maybe nothing for them to scavange on. This is a new tank right? Welcome to the site fellow Virginian. I`m in Midlothian close to Richmond.

:wave:Hello and welcome to the site...I also agree, nothing in the tank for them to eat, also if the tank is cycling, then I would guess the ammonia and/or nitrite did it.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.. tank has been up for a week with 40lbs of live sand added. The first tank I setup I put a piece of shrimp in it to cycle. According to the LFS with the live sand I could put in fish. So I let it set for about a week and then put in 2 damsels. They seem to be doing great so far. Im just going to keep an eye on the Amonia Nitrate and Nitrites to make sure everything is good.

Any recommendations for a RO? Everyplace I went yesterday looked at me like I was making up words when I asked if they sold Reverse Osmosis filters...

Wow... I think this may be the only thing I have found that is cheaper now than before I quit... I had a 2stage RO that was like 100 bucks alot of nicer systems on that site... Thanks :D

Back