Hello! New to site, salt and our relationship :-))

We are doing well..... will give you an update on the tank after some coffee, lol. We just got back from a trip to AC NJ as I (eric) besides this new addiction of saltwater everything also have an older addiction - texas hold-em and well the WPT Borgota winter open was going on and I wanted to see what it was all about and looked like in person..... didnt play in it but did get many hours of reg. poker in....

Tank is doing real well and so are everyone in it..... quick question - We have a Corallife 24" Double Linear Strip - 65watt 10,000k daylight / 65watt True Actinic 03 Blue. It doesnt have "legs" like I have seen many of your tanks have - Is there any DIY legs or maybe a place that sells the legs, seems its a better set-up when its off the top and easier to feed etc?

thanks in advance

I've seen the legs for sale at my lfs for 9.99, so you could try calling a few lfs's and see if anyone has them. Foster and smith have them also, go to drsfostersmith.com and in the search box type coralife legs and it will bring them up. The legs are 6.99 for regular and 12.99 for adjustable.

Hey Everyone just checking in. The water is still great and our anemone is getting better. Attack of the killer anemone! LOL. I(casey) now tease our clown fish everytime I come to the tank he runs right to the anemone because I tell him I'm going to take it away. LOL. It's almost if he understands me! Well hope everyone has a great weekend!

We have a pair of Clarkii Clownfish, so love them, the relationship they have with themselves and the Green Bubble Tip Anemone have us watching them / the tank for hours on end.... other then that everything is doing well. I want to thank everyone who replied to our message and am so glad we did get the better light, the Anemone is so happy and is getting much bigger. The mushrooms that we have, like 4 total that tagged along with the live rock, they are like ok to keep in the tank, do they have special needs, and do they do anything good for the system?

thanks

Quick question, I saw someone post something in a diffrent thread and cant for the life of me find it..... but we use a Instant Ocean Hydrometer... the thread I was reading and cant find said there is a better tester for the saltwater was quite a bit more money but the person whom posted it said its well well worth it........what is this item called and maybe best source to buy one.... i will keep surfing the web and forum for the mystery item in question.

found the thing its a - refractometer.... like how do they work or like what makes them better then the hydrometer.... we have seen some online / ebay ranging from like 20 to a grand or more - i am sure the grand or so ones are for like clinical research.

The reason there better is there dead on accurate when caliberated to 0.
Here is a link that explains them. On the link the vid is the second row going down and the second pic to the right.
Reef Videos

Yeah, the clowns are cool to watch, especially if they have an anemone to go along with. The mushrooms are fine -- they are a type of coral. You're lucky, I had to pay for mine :). They have intermediate lighting and flow needs, they don't need any special attention, if they are happy they will spread like crazy. There are a bunch of different color morphs and different types, a very easy coral to keep... I want more. I just bought some ricordia tonight, actually.

After looking every nook of the tank seems we have 1 larger one and 2 smaller ones next to it.... even have 2 real small ones on the bottom of our tank that just seemed to pop up over the past few days.

Go to the tank after the lights have been out for a few hours, then with a small light look in there and you will see all kinds of stuff.

I posted in the Vendor Evaluations section,... ill ask here also,

Would it be wise to buy some copepods for our tank.... also anyone know of some good online places to buy from? I found oceanpods.com but was unsure if anyone thought we should buy them. Money really isnt that much of an issue for us but just dont want to waste it.

thanks
Eric

Back