HELLO out there

Welcome to the Reef! We have tons of advice! Ask lots of questions, learn as much as possible, read a bunch, and most of all have fun! The articles section is full of good info(Thanks again Jhnrb)!

I know when I first got into reefing I read a lot and I do believe it defiantly made a difference and the transition a little easier. Also, feel free to ask any question you have. The people around here are very nice and very intelligent and helpful.

I just found out about the frag swap I cant wait..You guys make me feel right at home....what would you think would be the first things i should put into my reef tank? I got about 115 lbs of rock and 4>15lbs of sand and crushed coral...Whats next??? what would be a easy coral to start:question:

How long has the tank been setup?And what kind of lights are you running?
Good starting corals are the mushrooms,xenias,and zoanthids.

well i got two antic(hope thats right), 3 halid(same),moon lighting,,,I got the system used from a guy where I work(TVA). and he had all kinds of stuff in it but I tought I had to wait awhile befor i could put any of that in there

I think you are trying to say actinics and halides.

If your tank has been stable (water parameter-wise) and you have been able to keep fish and a cleaner crew alive, you can go ahead and try a couple hardy corals.

Enjoy the new equipment and the hobby its alot of fun. Ask away there are alot of extremely experienced people here who are happy to answer questions with all of there knowledge and experience. Oh ya read read and read some more

First of all, welcome! Second, how long has your tank been set up? do you have any livestock already? what is your plan for your tank?

-Doc

Do you have any test kits for water parameters? You need to test for ammonia - do not add anything until the ammonia reaches zero. You also want to test for nitrates - it would be best to not add anything until they are very low - like below 5-10. Also check your tank temp before lights come on and again close to the end of your light cycle. You want to make sure there is not a huge temp swing - metal halides create a lot of heat. Are you running a skimmer? if so what kind?

As earlier stated the articles section has GREAT info in it and will help guide you quite a bit - but please ask questions as they come up!!

I don't know if you have found them yet but there are 2 great stores in Chatt. Bermuda triangle on e brainard rd and 5th day creations in ringgold. Both will be able to help you out greatly

I don't know if you have found them yet but there are 2 great stores in Chatt. Bermuda triangle on e brainard rd and 5th day creations in ringgold. Both will be able to help you out greatly

yes ive been to bermuda....i told him about the site and how you guys said to stop by and he gave me a discount card...How cool was that....:bounce:

Now for a big problem how do I put my pics on the site??:frustrat: :grumble:

This has been such a steaming pile of :pooh:..well I guess you got my point...

Back