Hello

stagofdoom

Phi Kappa Psi
hey im a student at the University of Tennessee and I have a 24 gallon nanotube tank. With 2 clownfish and 20 pounds of live rock.

Hi and welcome. You might want to think about getting more live rock. Live rock will serve as your main source of biological filtration. I like to aim for 1 to 2 lbs per gallon, but in my tanks I like to have rock on the high end of that (2 lbs per gallon). It sounds like you're off to a good start.

Welcome to the forum! I have found it very useful and I'm sure you will too.

Just curious, do you have the tank at school or home? I just had a 2.5 gal freshwater tank when I was at school and it was such a pain! But I guess that's how far we'll go for the fish we love!

Welcome to the reef,

The tank is at school. be careful not to have too many Crazy partys. the fish tend to not like the Beer being feed to them or the drunken bumps to the tank's desk or stand.

LOL i needed to go to school! MAN why did I not go...

We need to have every verse of Rocky Top type in here for the official welcome, JK. Welcome and learn lots.

Good enough for me welcome to the Reef. Whats the plan for summer break and the holiday breaks as far as the tank goes? just wondering sorry to be nosey

im going to the LFS tomorrow and im going to see if they can take my fish while im on spring break. A.K.A for a week. They are some great guys, its a little hole in the wall and thats the only place ive gone. I will offer to pay also.

for the summer I am taking it home. Drain about 22 gallons of it and put the liverock in buckets and fish in baggies.

We need to have every verse of Rocky Top type in here for the official welcome, JK. Welcome and learn lots.

Wish that I was on ol' ROCKY TOP,
Down in the Tennessee hills;
Ain't no smoggy smoke on ROCKY TOP,
Ain't no telephone bills.
Once I had a girl on ROCKY TOP,
Half bear, other half cat;
Wild as a mink, but sweet as soda pop,
I still dream about that.

(Chorus)
ROCKY TOP, you'll always be
Home sweet home to me;
Good ol' ROCKY TOP--
ROCKY TOP Tennessee, ROCKY TOP Tennessee.

Once two strangers climbed ol' ROCKY TOP
Lookin' for a moonshine still;
Strangers ain't come down from ROCKY TOP
Reckon they never will.
Corn won't grow at all on ROCKY TOP
Dirt's too rocky by far;
That's why all the folks on ROCKY TOP
Get their corn from a jar.

(Chorus)

I've had years of cramped-up city life
Trapped like a duck in a pen
All I know is it's a pity life