Hello!

annaanderic

Reefing newb

Hi Everyone! This is Anna and my boyfriend Eric, we are new to the saltwater world and are interested in learning the best way to set up our new 29 gallon BioCube. We got the BioCube because we heard it was the easiest to set up and is good for beginners and especially since I'm still a student and Eric just graduated so we aren't settled down enough to jump into starting up a large saltwater tank. We do have a 20 gallon freshwater tank that we've had for about a year now and we love it, but we decided that we wanted to try saltwater too! We've actually been coming to this site for a while now and reading what we could about the do's and don'ts of saltwater, but we decided the best way to get the exact answer we need was just to join! We just wanted to say hey to everyone and say thank you from the start because you've all already given us such insight into the saltwater aquarium world!

Anna and Eric :D

Glad y'all decided to join us:D
The best advice I can give y'all on setting the tank up.
Research,research,then research some more.Then when your pretty sure you know what your researching,research it some more:D
Check out our article section at the top of the page.Its as good a place to start as any.

Hello and welcome to the site...and if you don't understand something after doing all your research, feel free to ask us questions.

Welcome to the site. Many of us are new also. Buy a lot of books. Then when you read something you have a question about you can look that part up. I read three large books and I am still on here every day trying to learn something new :)

Have Fun! (and be patient)

Hi and welcome! A 29 gallon BioCube is a good tank to start with. You will be able to keep 2 to 4 small fish in it (figure approximately 1 fish for every 10 gallons). With the stock lights, you will be able to keep soft corals and some LPS corals, but no clams, anemones or SPS corals. In the future, if you get really into the hobby, you could consider upgrading lights so that you can keep the more demanding animals.

Thanks everybody for the kind welcome! The number of people on this site that are more than willing to help out fellow aquariasts (especially all the people to the hobby) is really amazing ! I'm sure we'll be asking for lots of advice in the next couple of months!

Back