Hello!

reefsahoy

Reefing newb
Hello all, I've been a reefkeeper for several years now and just came up on this web site by accident. I've got a 100 Gal mostly sps tank and wen i figure where to post pictures of it i will. Wish you all a great day and successful reefing!

Hello reefsahoy :wave: Welcome. It will be nice to have another expert with SPS on the site. Get ready we'll have lots of questions for you.

Hello reefsahoy :wave: Welcome. It will be nice to have another expert with SPS on the site. Get ready we'll have lots of questions for you.

Expert? you must be reffering to someone else who have joined living reef. I'm learning like everyone else. I will be willing to share my experience with anyone but i wouldn't consider myself an expert. Thanks for the warm wishes.! Hope i can help others along this journey.:sfish::sfish:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
Sorry a few years experience is an expert to a lot of us!

I figured how to post pictures and this is my favorite photo of my tank from the side.
IMG_3628-1.jpg

i posted the rest of the pics in the tank showcase forum under https://www.livingreefs.com/introducing-my-new-100-gal-rimless-t20754.html

Just a brief history of myself, i do love this hobby much to the point when i travel i drag my wife along and visit hobbiest tanks all over the world. Lately i've seen many tanks in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Germany, and USA just to name a few places. I recently dived a volcano reef in Maui Hawaii which was awesome and spoke to the head biologist at the waikiki aquarium in Ohau Hawaii.. My favorite tank that i've see is a 2 time Netherland Champ tank. I met him when he was doing maintenance on a hobbiest tank whom i've met over the internet and decided to visit. I've met so many people all over because of this hobby. I've gotten so much help from them too and would like to pass on any info to help others be successful. This hobby is so challenging but the rewards are breathless. I'm no expert, but i wish success to all!

reefsahoy that is a stunning picture of your tank. Wow! Have you had those SPS since they were just frags or did they start out as colonies?

(and you said you were no expert :lol:)

reefsahoy that is a stunning picture of your tank. Wow! Have you had those SPS since they were just frags or did they start out as colonies?

(and you said you were no expert :lol:)

Thanks!, Yes they well all from frags that began from my old 90gal that were transferred to this new tank. I started out like most hobbiest with lps and softies. I was pretty successful to the point where i would frag and sell corals to the stores around who would then sell to hobbiest. I then started to dip into the world of sps about 3 years ago, After a few failures, and quite alot of reading i began to be successful. I now frag and sell to hobbiest locally as well as to the stores. It's hard to tell if your corals are growing, thats why all my pics are now dated so i can tell the speed at which they grow. right now i think i've maxed out the tank with corals and now i will have to wait, with crossed fingers, for the tank to mature.

Thats actually part of the fun with SPS.You stand there and look at the tank wandering if the corals are ever gonna grow any,then a few weeks later your standing there wide eyed because you just realized they'd grown quiet a bit.

Back