hello

aveda6

Newbie Reef
Hello everyone....I just realized I didn't introduce myself and I thought I'd thank everyone for the great advice I've already received from the many threads on here. I am just getting back to saltwater after a few years away from the hobby. I have just set up a 29 gallon HQI Biocube and cannot wait to see how it goes. My fiance is just getting started with me and is brand new to the hobby. I have fielded the standard questions, "live rock, what is that?" and "why can't we just put fish in right away?" It's all fun and I'm trying to learn from the mistakes that I made the first time around. It's been a few weeks now and I'm hoping to put fish in the tank sometime soon. I've even ordered Cheato from Bifferwine and I'm looking forward to getting that in the tank....

Can't wait to eventually be able to share all of the pics....

jim

Welcome! Hopefully you'll be able to avoid as many mistakes as last time, especially expensive ones

Thank you all...finally finished the cycle and did my first PWC last night. Went out and got a pair of clowns today and we'll see how it goes. These are the only fish i plan on having for quite a while. Hopefully it's not too soon but the tests seem to indicate that everything is ready. I'm keeping a close eye on them and testing a lot to make sure the tank is okay. The first time around I went through all of the rookie mistakes like cycling with a damsel and purchasing a huge load of fish in a short amount of time. It was a few years before everything settled down. Hopefully this time around it will go smoother and with less extraneous expenses....

jim

Back