hello

tra_w

Reefing newb
my corals. Candy cane and kenya my kenyas have looked like this for over a month now any have any ideas as to what i can do for them lights and params are all good they are just not happy my zoas and candy canes are so why wouldnt the kenya be ?

Attachments

• SANY0020.jpg
    SANY0020.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 213
  • SANY0022.jpg
    SANY0022.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 226
  • SANY0025.jpg
    SANY0025.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 210
its not bleached its just the pic it is pink and green. flouecent green when just the atinic lights on. No its not t5 they are t8 but its a 10000k i just have a 20gal tank so it should be fine.

10k just tells you the spectrum...how many watts are the lights? Like said above how old are the bulbs? For florescent lighting you would want to be in the 4 watt per gallon range so a 20 gallon you need at least 80 watts of lighting..if this is a two bulb rig then thats more then likely only 40 watts...20 watts in 10k and 20 in actinic. I am assuming this is a 24 inch wide tank...A 4 bulb t5 set up would give you 96 watts and lunar lights something like this would work really well for those corals and doesnt cost much. Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting :twocents:

i just bought the bulbs tuesday so i am giving a little time to see if they come out of this stage ok going buy what you have said i do have enough wattage lol i have five lights all together but i have another fixture that i can put to use too if i need to

well my kenyas finally have started opening so i guess the new bulbs i got a couple weeks ago have started doing the job they needed too.

Back