Help again!!

fastzorro

Reefing newb
My tank is dyeing!! . I guess it was too soon to put the hamer & leather in. My salt is 35 ppm. Too salty? All water perameters are optimal. I put in a small clown in 1 week ago. He just died. I started with 50lbs of live fugi rock Dec 10th. Cured it for 4 weeks. Tanked it for 2 more weeks and then added my 2 tangs and 1 med. clown. 2 weeks later I added the leather & the hammer. They have both slowly been looking sicker.

Also I now have some pin point brown spots appering in the inside of the glass that are very hard to get off. What am I doing wrong!!

The low calcium wouldn't have done it...you had too many(of the wrong fish)in your tank, and they stressed themselves to death. After they died, it must have messed your water quality up some, which killed the corals. Sorry to hear about that, but it was a learning experience. You should wait a few weeks before putting any more fish in there to make sure everything level out and also any signs of ick die off.

The low calcium wouldn't have done it...you had too many(of the wrong fish)in your tank, and they stressed themselves to death. After they died, it must have messed your water quality up some, which killed the corals. Sorry to hear about that, but it was a learning experience. You should wait a few weeks before putting any more fish in there to make sure everything level out and also any signs of ick die off.

I think Smitty is right on. Dying fish can often cause a cascade of things dying. You added too many fish too quickly, and you added the wrong type of fish for your tank.

Let things settle down. Keep up with water changes. Don't add anything more, and leave it alone for a few weeks. The corals should recover.

"Also I now have some pin point brown spots appering in the inside of the glass that are very hard to get off. What am I doing wrong!!"

sounds like diatoms, almost all new tanks get them its part of the startup cycle. they will go away on there own as long as your not useing tap water. think you might of just jumped into the new tank a bit to fast :) take it slow nothing good in saltwater comes quick. look up diatoms dose that look like what you got?

Back