Help amphipods decimated zoas

His tank is too small for a mandarin. And I love my pods! Other fish will eat them, too. What do you have in there now?

And +1 BJ.

I thought he had a 29 thats big enough for a mandarin. I didnt think you could put a wrasse with a pipefish they are so delicate right?

I thought he had a 29 thats big enough for a mandarin. I didnt think you could put a wrasse with a pipefish they are so delicate right?

In a large enough tank the wrasse and pipefish would be fine together. Some wrasses are very peaceful and would be fine with pipefish. I have a sixline and a yellow multibanded pipefish in the same tank.

Something very similar happened to me. A frag of zoas died and every night there was a horde of amphis on the plug...I'm pretty sure they just melted, then the pods cleaned up the mess. It's probably a similar occasion for you.

In a large enough tank the wrasse and pipefish would be fine together. Some wrasses are very peaceful and would be fine with pipefish. I have a sixline and a yellow multibanded pipefish in the same tank.

Really?! I had no idea I always see them in the store and think how pretty they are but I read that wrasses were mean.........off to do more research!

Really?! I had no idea I always see them in the store and think how pretty they are but I read that wrasses were mean.........off to do more research!

Not all wrasses are, fairy and leopard wrasses are all peaceful wrasses. Lined wrasses are semi-aggressive. But, most non-reef safe wrasses are either semi or aggressive tempered.

Back