Help EGGS?

Ukfan369

Reefing newb
Hey guys i have had my tank up for going on 7 weeks now and things are going well i have a chromis and procus tang along with peppermint shrimp, turbo snail, and hemit. However, i turned over a rock today and found sacks with eggs on the backside of my rock. There are 3 and the eggs look like pieces of substrate whitish eggs. I am guessing they are from a hitchiker I have had bristleworms, the ting white starfish, and apitasia which all are under control and I havent seen any of those in a few weeks. Any idea's?

probably sail eggs, also you only have a 29 gallon tank so get rid of the tang, even the smallest of tangs need atleast a 75 gallon tank to live in

Dustins probably right about the eggs and he's dead on about the tang.
Where ever the eggs came from,just think of em as natural fish food when they start hatching.

I wouldn't worry about the eggs, anything like that gets eaten by other animals. And they are right on about the tang, no way, no how should that fish be in a 29 gallon tank. I've never heard of a procus tang (are you sure you have the name right, are you thinking of a scopus tang??). But any tang has way to fast of a metabolism for a tank that size. It will likely end up suffocating in it, as they need a lot of room to swim, and require a lot of oxygen to keep moving constantly. You will need a tank at least twice that size even for the smallest of tangs.

It's also not good to turn rocks over as that will likely spike up amonia/nitrites and may cause the tank to crash, esp in a newly set up tank w/ lots of dead animals...

Back