help gluing coral needed

banthonyb71

Reefing newb
I need to know if corals can be exposed to air? I have a couple corals that need to be mounted. I have super glue and I wanted to take out a piece of rock, dry it off and glue it to a coral.

sure they can be exposed to air for short periods. Don't go drying out the corals though. Sponges are the ones that can never ever be exposed to air.

+1...you can keep them out while you glue them. It won't cause any damage...just try not to keep them out longer than a minute or so.

my coral is leaning to the side. I got what is call xenia or somthing like that. it has kinda like a stalk on it. when I put it in the water for the first time today it wont stand straight up. just keeps falling over. how do I position it upright? or is it dying?

Last edited:
get it some flow and it will stand up more insted if glueing xenia because it is dang near impossable to glue it get some fishing line and sew it to the rock just stick the needle through the bottom of it and wrap the line around the rock ant tie it. i have found that workd the best for soft corals.

Back