Help Identify

T Fades

Reefing newb
Hi,

I borrowed this pic from somebody here, but I have tons of these things in my tank. Can you help me to identify what they are (white tubish type things in the white highlighted box.

Attachments

• tank%20009.JPG
    tank%20009.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 214
those tubes look like feather tubes i have several type's in my tank. do they have some sort of plume that comes out of them?

+! on the feather dusters.. that kind come and go in the tank as nutrients go up and down.. the other hard sticks that point out of the rock are vermitid snails those if you get to many can actually gum up corals with webbing they expel... peppermint shrimp are known to eat those..

Thanks for the quick replies.

I have not seen anything come out of them such as a plume, but maybe they come out at night when I can't see them.

They are everywhere in my tank, including areas I cannot get to. I guess I should look into a peppermint shrimp? I already have a fire and cleaner shrimp though, so not sure if adding another shrimp will be a good thing?

Thanks for the quick replies.

I have not seen anything come out of them such as a plume, but maybe they come out at night when I can't see them.

They are everywhere in my tank, including areas I cannot get to. I guess I should look into a peppermint shrimp? I already have a fire and cleaner shrimp though, so not sure if adding another shrimp will be a good thing?

yeah they will grow any where and every where I have them in all my filters and pumps just every where.... No matter how many times i clean them out they just come right back ;) but there fine though. Just rather annoying at times when you clean your pumps and powerheads

do they have any color to them? Green or white??

Nevermind just re read the original post. do they have open ends or more rounded closed tops?

Sweet, glad to hear consensus that these are Vermetids, and that they are not an issue. I don't think I will try a peppermint shrimp for the fear it may munch on my corals, eventhough they are not that pleasing to the eye. I just hope they don't cob web my whole tank.

Thanks everybody for your input.

Thanks little_fish. I have been thinking that too, however, there are SO many of them. I mean, there must be hundreds in my little 28g. Oh well, here's hoping they become more of a nuisance than they already are.

not to mention powerheads or anything else in the tank.. they grew in my coraline on the back glass.. found out the hard way ( a few times, I just dont seem to learn) how sharp they are..

Back