Help me out

brandontucker407

Reefing newb
Evey since i put my t5 light on my tank same corals die and i am grows alge before all i had was a 75watt current now i have 4 t5 24watts on a 40gallon tank

im not an expert maybe someone will chim in but i have read that when changing a light system your tank and corals need to go through a acclimation time to the new lighting, adjusting them to it a little at a time. someone correct me if im wrong
someone more knowledgeable should respond

t5's have a higher light out put than PC of the same wattage. So if you didnt acclimate the corals to the new light, It is like you going out lay in the sun on the first day of summer.

yea you will have that problem going from regulars to T5s watch the algea blooms. Check you Prams make sure they stay right and watch all the cool stuff that happens. +1 Bj. You have to acclimate the corals to the new light by putting them in the shady part for a bit then start moving them up. I just upgraded from t5 to Mh and im having to acclimate the fish to the new lights.

now 5 months but the first 2 months the tank looked very good the last 3 month things have die like hammers some zoos but others are doing fine like blastos, gaint mushrooms, even my green cap and find

Back